Are there any incentives associated with completing this survey?
Yes! As an expression of our appreciation for your time and candor, every student who completes the survey will be entered into a drawing for a variety of individual prizes:
Once you finish the survey, you will have a choice between a guaranteed $5 Amazon gift card or entering into a lottery for one of the following grand prizes (noted below where guaranteed multiples of a prize are available):
- A year of free textbooks from the Tulane Book Store (up to the amount of $1000)
- A year of free parking (6 passes Uptown; 1 pass Downtown)
- Tulane President for the Day (including lunch with President Fitts, Chief of Staff Tania Tetlow, Provost Robin Forman, and the Dean of your college...and being chauffeured in the Presidential Golf Cart)
- 2 Tickets to watch a Tulane football game from the Glazer Club, with box seats and free food and drink (10)
- 2 courtside seats for a Tulane basketball game
- A night at Rock & Bowl for yourself and up to 19 others (reserved lanes and food)
- A $125 gift card for lunch at Commander's Palace
- A $100 gift card to Whole Foods
- Jazzfest tickets for you and one to three friends
- Metal Tulane water bottles (30--thanks, Tulane Bookstore!)
- A puppy pizza party for you and up to 19 others
- Cards for a free meal at Bruff or in the Food Court (50--thanks, Tulane Dining!)
- $25 gift cards for repair services from TechConnect (5--thanks, TechConnect!)
- Reily Center Memberships for graduate/professional students
- Reily Center Yoga/Pilates Passes
- A reserved study room in Howard Tilton for all of Spring 2017 finals week
If you enter the lottery, you will be contacted to give your prize preference and then will be notified if you win. Good luck!
What's this about beating Harvard?
Dozens--if not more--schools have conducted climate surveys on their campus. So far, the highest participation rate that we have been able to find is 53% from the students at Harvard. So...we want to get at least 54%. Let's beat Harvard.
I'm as competitive as the next person, so beating Harvard sounds good to me. But is there perhaps an incentive involved in us hitting 54%?
Well, other than the satisfaction of being #1? If we hit an overall rate of 54%, we will give away free snowballs (Uptown and Downtown) to our students during lunchtime on a to be named date at the end of the semester, most likely in late April.